Philly has been really good to us these past few years. I’m not sure if it’s the time of year, the phase of life we’re in, or if it’s really just time to change something up. We’re entertaining thoughts of what’s next. Even if we don’t make a move anytime soon, I decided to come up with a Philly Bucket List. That way, when the time does come to leave the city, I can rest assured that I’ve experienced this area in the ways I’ve wanted do. I don’t want to ever leave with a rough case of FOMO, to which I tend to be susceptible. Chad and I are each making one, and some of the items on them overlap.
Since I started drafting this list, I’ve already been able to cross a quite few things off! It just goes to show that writing things down and spending my time in more intentional ways helps me have a more interesting life. Sometimes when you live in a place, it’s easy to ignore all the cool stuff there is to do.
Teach a GDI classTaught Intro to HTML & CSS with GDI South Jersey Have brunch on the sidewalk at Parc on a nice dayThe “nice day” part of this is questionable, but we did huddle under heat lamps on the last nice weekend of the fall with my sister to cross this one off.
- Attend a Book Riot event at Frankford Hall —— I miss being around literary nerds.
Float in a sensory deprivation tankGonna be sharing about that here, soon! Longwood Gardens again — NightScape
- Get a cocktail at Hop Sing Laundromat
- Hit up Winterfest or whatever seasonal event is happening on the waterfront
Take a sewing class at MADE…which I now can’t recommend enough. Rachel Ford is an excellent teacher.
- Spend more time at Indy Hall — either during the day or during night owls or another event
- Attend another Lady Boss meetup
- Model for a styled shoot (just throwing this out there, all you friends of mine who do these on the regular!)
- Stop by La Colombe for a draft latte every time I’m in Fishtown, no matter the time of day
- Creep onto the Reading Viaduct
- Check out Graffiti Pier
- Drink kombucha at the new Inspired Brews brick & mortar location in Old City
Did I miss anything? Do y’all have any recommendations? I want to add to this list! Do you have a list like this for where you live?