August went super fast. It started off with me falling down our stairs and injuring my tailbone (on our wedding anniversary, to add insult to injury). From there, we attended an old friend’s beautiful wedding, started getting quotes for a new boiler, road tripped to Pittsburgh to go to Abstractions, and spent a day in Belleville making and canning salsa. I also explored some new upcoming work projects and clients.
A review of August’s goals:
1. Finish painting the bedroom. Ugh. Done! I am so thrilled to be able to say that we finished painting the bedroom and I wrapped up painting the living room last night! No more dirty, ugly walls! More on all of this soon!
3. Buy some coasters. Done! I stalled almost all month on ordering them, cause I had a hard time paying as much as I did for them, including shipping. But I’ve wanted these particular coasters for so long and I liked them more than any of the others I saw, so I pulled the trigger. I love them. More on these soon. 4. Work on an ebook idea! Done-ish? I submitted a lightning talk proposal to WordCamp US based on this ebook idea.
5. Post here regularly. Nope.
So on to September!
2. Have a new heating system installation underway. Literally two weeks after closing, our boiler busted. So that’s approximately an $10,000 problem that we’re forced to deal with now before fall comes. I’m not thrilled. I’d way rather put that money toward other things, but staying warm is really important. Time to book ALL the web projects.
3. Hang art in the newly painted living room and bedroom! I’m excited to take stock of all of the art we have and maybe mix it up a bit as far as what pieces go in what room.
4. Dig out my calligraphy stuff and spend a few minutes playing with it a few times a week. I’m registered for a handlettering class at PCAD starting next week, so I feel like that will be motivational.
5. Post here regularly. Take time to write, photograph, and share. I want this space to be a community and a record of the story I’m living, more than it has been lately.