It’s the weekend! To celebrate that, and my tentative (semi-regular?) return to this space, here’s good things from this week.
- I’ve written before about the desire to be untethered, but also rooted deeply in a place. This appeals to the former, and brings attention to nomad women, rather than the usual tech bros in Bali or Chiang Mai.
- I’ve been reading Sarah von Bargen’s blog since forever (or 2010ish?), and she’s always got good tips that actually feel accessible. These are the habits she’s cultivated that support her business and creativity.
- A quick search revealed that I already linked to Joan Didion’s piece, “On Self-Respect.” But it was back in 2012, and I think we could all use a reminder of how brilliant she is. Has anyone read South and West yet? I’m hoping to get my paws on it soon.
- A local photographer in Lancaster took the photo that is the prompt for this microfiction contest! Entries are due by July 21st.
- I’ve mentioned Susannah Conway’s Unravelling the Year Ahead before. Chad and I go through it together around every New Year. She just released a companion, a mid-year check in workbook. I’ll be going through it soon, hopefully this week.
- Bonus: I spent almost all of last weekend sprawled on a blanket in our yard, reading with the cats. It was glorious.
How’s your week been?